Monday 20 June 2011

Day Six: Superheroes

Who is your favourite superhero and why?

This question always has me stumped and I seemed to be answering it a lot.  I was asked this as a part of a 'getting to know you' exercise at uni (which as always horrible) and even during a boardroom meeting with the head of Junior School and the Head of the HR department at a private school I did my prac placement at. What are they going to tell about my ability to teach from my choice of superhero??

I like to believe that I'm geeky enough to have an unhealthy admiration for a fiction character (and quiet often I do) but I have never been able to take to superheroes. I find them absurd - this person (often from another world) selflessly comes to the aid of the human race (well...normally they just focus on one town - which also annoyed me. What about the rest of the world superhero?) and are seen as unstoppable until a villain comes along with a stone (or something equally as lame) and they are now powerless. LAME! Oh and why do they hide their identity in such pathetic ways? Superman puts on a pair of reading glasses and all of a sudden he is Clark Kent? Really? Really? I understand why no one knew who Spider man was but come on Superman....what is all that about?



So based on all of this frustration with  Superheroes in general I always have trouble deciding. I have finally come to the conclusion that Wonder Woman is the superhero for me. She is beautiful, strong, independent and has bullet-proof accessories. Wonder Woman has no real weaknesses and after a little too much research, I found that the only thing that can stop her is melting and binding her bullet-proof bracelets together (likelihood? very little).

1 comment:

  1. Wonder Woman is pretty darn cool. Does she have a horse? Did I make that up? Or am I thinking of Shera? Um... anyway... I think my answer would be Batman if I was forced to pick. I just like the idea that he is a super rich playboy but uses it to help people. I also like his outfit and his car and his house.

    Maybe I just want to *date* Batman??

    ReplyDelete