Tuesday 14 June 2011

The naming of a kitten

About two months ago we rescued a tiny 3 week old kitten. This beautiful little girl was very sick and needed lots of love. Now all better and very spoilt this little miss is causing havoc. What I have found most unsettling about introducing this new baby into our ever expanding family was the naming process. Owning so many animals leaves you with very few 'good' names to choose from. The poor kitten originally was given the name Princess Sophia as I had absentmindedly called her Princess once and my mother wanted to name her after a celebrity (keeping in line with my girls names) and thought of Sophia Loren. Officially the worst name EVER!! After she started to show her true nature my Nan started calling her Rebel. I believe that the kitten didn't like any of these names, because she never responded to any of them. Then...randomly...my Nan called her Bell one day and she came running. Finally we have a name!


Bell is not a name that I would normally pick but I am choosing to believe that is short for Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series. Arguably one of my favourite characters from the series the personality of Bellatrix is completely in line with the kitten. Unstable, hyperactive, at times cruel and then also very loyal and loving. It was meant to be.....now time for photos.

Sleeping in her big sister Angel's bed. Bell is getting so big!

Angel Boots managed to get her bed back :)

Bell 4 weeks old



Look at that tummy!!

Bell 9 weeks old with Angel

2 comments:

  1. Look at that fat little belly!!!!!!!! So, so cute!! I just want to tickle her belly!!!!! She looks so cute with Angel- who is sporting some eye gunk that I just want to pick off and feed to her... coz she loves it!! Haha, I'm just being mean :)

    I can't believe I haven't met little Bell yet. I am a terrible aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww Laura you are terrible!!

    ReplyDelete