Sunday 2 October 2011

Promises to friends and time for a catch up

I have seriously neglected blogger in the last couple of months. I've allowed assignments, family commitments and an extreme lack of sleep get in the way. Disgraceful! I have promised my real life BFF Laura that I will become a more enthusiastic blogger. So here goes...

A little while ago Laura nominated me for an award - She admits it was just an attempt to make me blog and apparently it worked.

The rules are clear:

- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.

- Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.

- Give this award to 3 bloggers.

- Contact those bloggers and tell them the exciting news!

Onto my seven things...

#1 I wish I could be one of those foodie people who are able to whip up an amazing meal in minutes and make it look effortless. I don't allow myself the time to practice or experiment with food and end up just cooking (if I actually do manage to cook, instead of buying take-away) the same 5 or 6 recipes.



Nigella Lawson - The woman who I not so secretly wish I could be

#2 Even though my family are insane and incredibly dramatic I love them all dearly.

#3 I have a phobia of escalators (specifically the ones going down). I know that this phobia started after I saw a little girl fall over the side of an escalator when I was little. The girl had been sitting on the handrail and over balanced. Ever since then the sight of her little body on an ambulance stretcher and the feeling of stepping off of a cliff faces me at the top of each and every escalator. I generally put on a brave face and just stand at the top until I feel that a step I'm comfortable with comes along. It does seem however that it is getting worse. I am a grown adult now and I am generally quiet rational and I refuse to become complete terrified of escalators.

#4 I am either the coolest or worst pusedo-parent to my cousin. She is only 10 years old (11 in 46 days as she keeps reminding me) and I have introduced her to way too many adult tv shows. She is now totally obsessed with The Mighty Boosh and is making it her mission to get all of the kids in her class at school hooked on it as well. I'm going to have a group of parents carrying pitch forks at my front door soon - I know it.


#5 I genuinely love my job. I am incredibly lucky to work in the school that I'm at and especially with the gorgeous ladies in our Pre-Prep team.

#6 I'm stealing one of Laura's ideas but it is true. I really hate my name. Kristy....blurgh! When I think of a Kristy I imagine that stereotypical blonde cheerleader from all American TV shows. There's nothing wrong with that.....it's just not me. My grandma bought me one of those name key-rings that explains the traits of people who have that specific name. It has made me feel a little better about it all....it said

"Kristy - a symbol of faith and leadership, using words that show her wisdom and understanding. She is one who is followed, for her path is a clear one, marked with determination. Her way its one of love and giving, asking only a smile in return, she loves to set goals that test her mind." - Based on this maybe I have chosen the right career  :)

#7 I am a terrible student who leaves everything to the last minute. I have a major assignment for Maths Ed (my most hated of subjects) due this Wednesday and I haven't even started it. My return to blogger is actually step one in the procrastination ritual that is most evenings.


My chosen three are


The first award goes to Rissy at Carissia Explains it All for being one of the first people on blogger to visit my humble little blog and post a comment. Thanks Rissy.

Secondly the talented Sarah Nicole at Anonymous was a woman. Your beautiful photography inspires me to look at the world differently and see its beauty. 

And lucky last is Kelley at Kelley Maria with a blog full of fabulous fashion, food and interior design ideas.

5 comments:

  1. aww thank you Kristy! I love this big blog world!


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely award and your sweet compliments! Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful award and kind words about my photos, Kristy! <3

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! Welcome back to you!!! Blogger is the BEST for procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why I'm such a regular blogger, once I finish school, who knows if I'll blog so much!

    Also, wait, never mind. I went back up your page to go to my 'dashboard' so I could find the link to send you to Gentri's page but I see a sneaky Package Pals button on your page already. AND then before I came on here, I'd just emailed her and literally as I was writing the last sentence, she emailed back and was all like 'yay Kristy's joining up too!'. Yay for exciting parcels!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. at least the beginning of your post is in line with your blog title.

    keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete