Tuesday 4 October 2011

Welcome to a mathematics lecture

The horrid maths assignment that tortured me all of last night = Finished and printed YaY!
Now my lovely uni will torture me once again with a 2 hour mathematics lecture.

My lecturer is this funny little Chinese lady who believes that maths is very simple and easily understood....hmmm not so much. She finishes most of her sentences by saying "make sense?" and moves straight on. Occasionally someone will say that it doesn't make sense to them, but not very often. A few times we have tallied up how many 'make sense?' we get in one lecture. She totaled 65 in one 2hr lecture a few weeks ago. I really like Rebecca she is hilarious. I just wish we didn't spend 2hours a week together only talking maths....having lunch with her would be much more enjoyable.


Currently she is explaining the origin of time and how calendars were created over history. This is the first slightly interesting topic we have covered in the last 10 weeks. Perimeter and area (what my assignment was on) nearly destroyed my brain. Ouch!

Interesting fact that was just learnt: Egg timers have egg shells in them not sand. Did you know that?


Amusing quote: (When discussing explaining problem solving questions to students) - "When I worked in the high schools I would always give oral." - *snickers from students* "Best to always give oral"

 Oh dear we have moved onto to money and it has all become very boring... time to find something more interesting to do. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment